Welcome W. Wilson, Jr.
Welcome Group – President and CEO
Wilson is president and chief executive officer of Welcome Group, a real estate development firm specializing in single-tenant office buildings and industrial buildings including lab, warehouse and manufacturing facilities. He has extensive experience in industrial development, residential subdividing, office buildings, and retail centers. He is also the joint venture partner in Kingham ∙ Dalton ∙ Wilson Ltd., a Design/Build construction affiliate of Welcome Group and is a director of River Oaks Financial Group, Inc.
Welcome currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Alamo Endowment in San Antonio, and serves as Chairman of the Alamo Trust. He was recently appointed by Governor Greg Abbott to serve on the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board in Austin. He also serves on the Board of Directors of the Trellis Company and the Trellis Foundation in Austin, the Board of Directors of the Friends of the Texas Historical Commission, the Board of Directors of the Texas Business Hall of Fame. In addition, he is also Chairman of the Board of the Southwest Houston Redevelopment Authority and by appointment of the Mayor of Houston is Chairman of Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone #20 (TIRZ # 20).
Welcome W. Wilson, Jr. is the former Vice Chairman of the University of Houston System Board of Regents, he is the Immediate Past Chairman of the Houston Realty Business Coalition and has served in the past as Vice Chairman of the Houston Food Bank, Chairman of the End Hunger Network, a Director of the Houston Chapter of the American Lung Association, Director of the Houstonian Club in Houston, and President of the Kinkaid School Alumni Association.
Wilson, who is a native Texan, is married and attended the University of Denver.
In 2018, Wilson Jr. was named a Most Admired CEO by the Houston Business Journal.
Board Appointments and Committees and Memberships
Welcome Wilson, Jr.
- Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board: Board Member (2018 – Current)
- Houston Realty Business Coalition: Current Board Member & Immediate Past Chairman
- Texas Business Hall of Fame: Board Member
- Southwest Houston Redevelopment Authority: Chairman
- Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone 20 (TIRZ 20): Chairman of the Board
- Friends of the Texas Historical Commission: Board Member (2017 – Current)
- Alamo Endowment: Board Member (2015 – Current)
- Alamo Trust: Chairman (2015 – Current)
- Remember the Alamo Foundation: Board Member (2015 – Current)
- Trellis Foundation: Board Member (2017 – Current)
- Trellis Company (Formerly Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Corporation): Board Member (2009 – Current)
- “C” Club of Houston – Houston, TX
- Coronado Club – Houston, TX
- Farmington Country Club – Charlottesville, VA
- Galveston Country Club – Galveston, TX
- The Houstonian Club – Houston, TX
- Annabel’s – London
- Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo
- The 100 Club of Houston
- Crime Stoppers
- Coastal Conservation Association
- University of Houston Alumni Association
Previous Boards and Memberships:
- UH: Board of Regents, Vice Chairman (2011 – 2018)
- SWACC (System Wide Art Acquisition Committee): Member
- Facilities, Construction and Master Planning Committee: Chair
- Finance and Administration Committee: Vice Chair
- CLASS Advisory Board
- Houston Food Bank: Vice Chairman
- Texas Business Hall of Fame: Scholarship Committee
- Awards Committee
- American Lung Association: Leadership Council
- Greater Houston Partnership: Energy Collaborative Cluster Council
- Common Grounds Initiative Committee
- End Hunger Network: Chairman of Board
- Greater Sharpstown Management District: Board Member
- Houstonian Club Advisory Board: Board Member
- Kinkaid School Alumni Association: President
- Houston Business Journal – Most Admired CEO – 2018
- Neighborhood Centers, Inc. Alice Graham Baker Crusader Award – 2013
- AJC Houston – Human Relations Award – 2015
- Chinese Community Center Community Impact Award – 2013