Welcome Wilson Jr. is President and Chief Executive Officer of Welcome Group, a real estate development firm specializing in single-tenant office buildings and industrial properties with warehouse and manufacturing facilities. He has extensive experience in industrial development, residential subdividing, office buildings, and retail centers. He also serves as developer with Kingham Dalton Wilson Ltd., a design/build construction affiliate of Welcome Group and is a director of River Oaks Financial Group, Inc.
Welcome W. Wilson, Jr. was appointed to the UH System Board of Regents in 2011 by Governor Rick Perry and will serve through August 31, 2017. For the fiscal year 2013-2014, Regent Wilson will serve as secretary to the Board of Regents, Chair of the Facilities, Construction and Master Planning Committee, Chair of the Academic and Student Success Committee, Vice Chair of the Finance and Administration Committee and as a member of the Executive and Compensation Committee.
Wilson serves as Chairman of the Board of the Southwest Houston Redevelopment Authority, Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone Number 20, and the Houston Realty Business Coalition. He is Director of the Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Corporation and serves on the board of the Texas Business Hall of Fame. He also has served on both the Greater Houston Partnership’s Common Grounds Initiative Committee and Energy Collaborative Cluster Council Leadership Committee.
Wilson’s philanthropic endeavors include having served on the board of the Houston Food Bank, where he previously served as Vice Chairman, and the American Lung Association Regional Advisory Board. He served as Director of the Houstonian Club Advisory Board and President of the Kinkaid Alumni Association.
In 2018, Wilson Jr. was named a Most Admired CEO by the Houston Business Journal.
Board Appointments and Committees and Memberships
Welcome Wilson, Jr.
- Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board: Board Member (2018 – Current)
- Houston Realty Business Coalition: Current Board Member & Immediate Past Chairman
- Texas Business Hall of Fame: Board Member
- Southwest Houston Redevelopment Authority: Chairman
- Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone 20 (TIRZ 20): Chairman of the Board
- Friends of the Texas Historical Commission: Board Member (2017 – Current)
- Alamo Endowment: Board Member (2015 – Current)
- Alamo Trust: Chairman (2015 – Current)
- Remember the Alamo Foundation: Board Member (2015 – Current)
- Trellis Foundation: Board Member (2017 – Current)
- Trellis Company (Formerly Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Corporation): Board Member (2009 – Current)
- “C” Club of Houston – Houston, TX
- Coronado Club – Houston, TX
- Farmington Country Club – Charlottesville, VA
- Galveston Country Club – Galveston, TX
- The Houstonian Club – Houston, TX
- Annabel’s – London
- Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo
- The 100 Club of Houston
- Crime Stoppers
- Coastal Conservation Association
- University of Houston Alumni Association
Previous Boards and Memberships:
- UH: Board of Regents, Vice Chairman (2011 – 2018)
- SWACC (System Wide Art Acquisition Committee): Member
- Facilities, Construction and Master Planning Committee: Chair
- Finance and Administration Committee: Vice Chair
- CLASS Advisory Board
- Houston Food Bank: Vice Chairman
- Texas Business Hall of Fame: Scholarship Committee
- Awards Committee
- American Lung Association: Leadership Council
- Greater Houston Partnership: Energy Collaborative Cluster Council
- Common Grounds Initiative Committee
- End Hunger Network: Chairman of Board
- Greater Sharpstown Management District: Board Member
- Houstonian Club Advisory Board: Board Member
- Kinkaid School Alumni Association: President
- Houston Business Journal – Most Admired CEO – 2018
- Neighborhood Centers, Inc. Alice Graham Baker Crusader Award – 2013
- AJC Houston – Human Relations Award – 2015
- Chinese Community Center Community Impact Award – 2013