Commercial Real Estate Acquisition, simply put, is the process of getting new property for a business. It is a multi-faceted endeavor that includes extensive research, underwriting and risk assessments, property and land valuations, and the actual negotiations themselves – all of which we at Welcome Group are prepared to help our clients through, every step of the way.
Welcome Group’s acquisitions fall under the following arrangements:
- Net Leased Real Estate Assets – A net lease is a popular arrangement for commercial real estate investors who want income without the hassle of day-to-day administration of the property. Tenants / lessees in a net lease pay for at least one of several main expense categories, commonly broken down into three types: taxes, maintenance costs, and insurance fees.
- Corporate Sale-Leaseback – A sale-leaseback is an agreement where an asset’s seller leases it back from the purchaser, where the seller essentially becomes the lessee and the purchaser essentially becomes the lessor. A sale-leaseback is useful when companies need to use the cash invested in an asset for other purposes while the asset itself is still needed for the company’s operations for a temporary period.
Our multiple sources of capital, between our partners’ equity and outside funds under management, allow us to move quickly, with great flexibility, and close transactions prior to securing debt. In fact, it is not uncommon for us to close transactions prior to the expiration of feasibility periods provided in our contracts.
We at Welcome Group are known to be persistent and capable of completing complex transactions that can suit the varying needs of our many different clients, helping them capture the best investment opportunities in today’s volatile and ultra-competitive marketplace.
Welcome Group actively pursues buying the following types of properties:
- Single-Tenant Industrial Properties
- Single-Tenant Office Buildings
- Single-Tenant Industrial Portfolios
- Mixed Portfolios with Single-Tenant and Multi-Tenant Industrial Properties
- Industrial Properties in Texas and across the Southern / Southwestern United States
||Income producing single-tenant office, industrial or laboratory properties. Welcome Group will purchase single facilities or entire portfolios.
||Tiltwall and metal facilities
||NNN preferred but industrial gross leases will be considered.
||Texas and neighboring states, Southern / Southwestern United States
||$3+ Million in Texas, $7+ Million outside of Texas
||All cash, third party debt or Welcome Group will assume existing financing.
||Private equity sponsored companies and both investment and sub-investment grade corporations.
||With our development and construction capabilities, Welcome Group can redevelop, expand or modify potential acquisitions to meet the needs of existing or future tenants.
Why Trust Us with Your Acquisitions?
- We Are Experienced and Accomplished – With over a century of combined commercial real estate experience and billions of dollars in assets handled, Welcome Group has developed more than 250 single-tenant properties, and owns and manages over 100 industrial facilities.
- We are Full-Service – Whether it’s a simple or complex transaction for a new property acquisition, the maintenance of services and relationships for an existing one, our seasoned, capable team of professionals are ready to assist clients at all levels of the process and satisfy tenant needs in today’s dynamically changing office market.
- We Offer Personalized Solutions – No two projects and businesses are alike, and each one has its own unique set of challenges. With services such as acquisitions, corporate sale-leaseback, build-to-suit, and design-build services for your ideal project, we work with each of our clients to help them realize the hidden potential of their capital and unleash it efficiently.
- We Are Time-Tested – Since our founding partners Jack and Welcome Wilson, Sr. started out in 1957, we have witnessed plenty of changes in Houston, Texas, and American commercial real estate history. From developing the sixth (and then-latest) Marriott hotel in the world in 1967, to owning part of the lease of the Houston Astrodome – the world’s first multi-purpose, domed sports stadium – in the 60’s and 70’s, to the sweeping modernization brought by the Information Age in the new millennium, our drive for excellence in the commercial real estate industry remains constant across decades.
- We Think Forward – Beyond successes in the past, we at Welcome Group look to the future with big plans. This is why we are in “acquisition mode,” actively and aggressively seeking to acquire existing occupied, single-tenant properties and portfolios throughout Texas and the rest of the Southern United States.
- We Are Widely Trusted – From serving locally-owned businesses to international companies, to government developments at the Local, State, and Federal level, and even renowned names among Fortune 500 Companies, Welcome Group is more than capable of exceeding expectations when it comes to solving the needs of many different types of clients.
- We Make a Difference – Sharing the fruits of our labor with the community has always been part of our business philosophy. From serving the University of Houston System and other institutions / foundations which have made a positive impact on the Greater Houston Area, the rest of Texas, and beyond, we at Welcome Group, LLC have always striven to give back to the very people who have made our enduring successes possible.
Welcome Real Estate Services
A subsidiary of Welcome Group LLC, Welcome Real Estate Services provides our tenants with Certified Property Managers (CPM®) from the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM). Our Tenants are given personal attention and full /direct access to us as landlord instead of working through a third-party management company. Welcome Real Estate Services works in partnership with our tenants by helping maintain the property and plan for our tenant’s goals of their business, whether expanding their existing facility or moving and expanding to a different facility without any disruption.
Our team of property managers focuses on maximizing your experience as a Welcome Group tenant by:
- Helping to Maintain Your Facility – Ensuring the proper upkeep of your facility can be crucial to your production and the success of your business. Our Real Estate Management professionals will help our tenants address the needs that can arise when caring for the building. We can offer resources that address any maintenance needs, including proactive preventative maintenance as well as services such as tax protesting.
- Managing Tenant Relationships – Welcome Group assists our tenants with renovations, expansions or relocation needs. In addition to accommodating our tenant’s facility necessities, we work proactively to assist our tenants by managing lease expirations, renewals and accounting obligations.
We’re here to help!
Welcome Real Estate Services provides excellent due diligence to ensure tenants operate within legal parameters and accommodate any and all questions our lessees may have. We are dedicated to our tenants by providing the care and attention needed to keep their business running smoothly and efficiently.
Our real estate management services include, but are not limited to the following:
- Insurance Index – Welcome Real Estate Services performs annual negotiations of rates, insurance, lease compliant, obtaining tenant certificates, document management, lender compliance, and maintain insurance broker dialogue. We keep insurance rates as low as possible to assure we reduce cost for our tenants.
- Tax Index – Welcome Real Estate Services performs annual protesting/services of taxes and property values (this is a multi-step process over 6 months), hiring tax protesting firms, collection and payment of taxes as well as end of the year reconciliations.
- Rent Invoicing – Welcome Real Estate Services handles the monthly calculations which include sending out invoices, processing rent payments, handling all questions from tenants, working with tenant’s accounting departments and document management.
- Maintenance Repairs – Welcome Real Estate Services works with our tenants by assisting to escalate annually and quarterly maintenance contracts, site visits, managing correspondence between tenants, vendors and the owners, vendor referrals, managing catastrophic issues such as storm and hurricane damage (fixing damage, dealing with insurance claims, coordinating vendors, etc.), resolving lease issues, and application of all lease requirements and obligations for tenant and owners.